Thursday, May 15, 2008

Challenge #1

Alright, so I got today's challenge idea from Haylee.  She was finding letters in the vacuum cord. So, your challenge, is to take a picture of your name.  Each letter can be a different picture (so Josh with have 4 pics, I will have 5), and they must be things you find out and about you.  The goal of this is to really start looking at the things around you.  You can use the objects themselves, or look at the negative space around them to see what they make.  

This website gives a really good example of what I'm thinking.
http://www.butterflyalphabet.com/main/index.php

Try to have it done and posted within a couple weeks.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

So are they all going to be creative type challenges or are you going to throw in some basic stuff to... like depth of field, close ups, night time, etc.
Just curious.

Kimie said...

I just noticed this comment. I'll mix it up, it all depends on my mood the day I make the challenge. I'm not going to get too techincal though, but focus more on getting people out trying new things. I also intend to throw in a little "experimentation" type stuff, so people see how different things can affect the outcome of the photo.